UPDATE: Photos have been added of the wanted offenders and vehicle used
Bureau of Detectives – Area North
Commercial Armed Robberies
014th, 016th, 017th, 025th Districts
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of multiple Armed Robberies that occurred at businesses in
the 014th, 016th, 017th and 025th Districts on March 4th, 2017. Two offenders entered
the businesses, displayed a handgun and took money. The offenders fled the scene
in a dark-colored sport utility vehicle. Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 6500 Block of West Belmont Avenue on March 4th, 2017 at 2:07 am.
• 3200 Block of West Diversey Avenue on March 4th, 2017 at 2:55 am.
• 4300 Block of West Irving Park Road on March 4th, 2017 at 3:15 am.
• 3000 Block of North Pulaski Road on March 4th, 2017 at 3:41 am.
About the Offenders:
• Male White Hispanic, 18 to 40 years-old, 5’04 to 5’08, 170-200 pounds
• Male White Hispanic, 18 to 40 years-old, 5’03 to 5’08, 130-150 pounds
What you can do:
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you confront an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
RD#s JA-174354, JA-174350, JA-174366, JA-174382
Alert # P17-N-057BA
March 4, 2017
This business alert is to inform local businesses of three recent Robbery incidents that have occurred in the 25th District. In these incidents, two offenders rob the victim at gunpoint while the victim is making a food delivery.
DUI SATURATION PATROL
GRAND CENTRAL (25TH) DISTRICT
The Chicago Police Department will be conducting a DUI Saturation Patrol in the 25th District this weekend. The DUI Saturation Patrol will commence at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2017 and end at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
The purpose of this program is to saturate a pre-designated area with roving police officers that continually monitor vehicular traffic for signs of impaired driving. Patrols also place emphasis on speed, alcohol-related and safety belt violations. Police vehicles equipped for speed detection are deployed to apprehend speeding violators.
In addition, the Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) Mobile Unit may also be deployed to allow officers to expedite the process of charging a person with Driving under the Influence (DUI) prior to transporting an alleged into the nearest lockup for bonding. The mobile unit also allows for Individual Recognizance Bonds (I-Bonds) to be issued at the site of the DUI Saturation Patrol.
# # #
This alert gives notice of two recent Armed Robberies that have occurred within the boundaries of the 025th District (Grand Central). In these two separate robberies, the offender used a gun to rob several victims inside a business, and then used a knife to rob a victim on the street a short distance away.
This alert gives notice to several Burglaries to Cell Phone Stores located within the
boundaries of the 015th & 025th Districts. In these burglaries, the offender(s)
smashed the glass front door or window to gain entry and then removed property
from the business.