Bureau of Detectives – Area South
6th District (Gresham)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens of the 006th District (Gresham) on Beat 631 of
recent Robbery incidents that occurred in recent weeks. During these incidents,
unknown offender(s) displayed firearms and demanded property from the victims or
used force to take property without a weapon.
Incident times and locations:
• 1000 block of East 80th Street, Friday January 20, 2017 at 10:00 P.M.
• 8000 block of So. Cottage Grove Ave., Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 5:30 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Maryland Ave, Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 7:30 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Cottage Grove Ave., Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 1:15 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Evans Ave., Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 3:12 A.M.
About the Offender:
• One to Three Male Black Offenders, 20-29 years of age, 5’07”-6’02” tall, 130-210
lbs., light/medium/dark complexion, and various hairstyles (afro, short, fade ).
• One Offender may have some type of tattoo on the face.
What you can do:
• If confronted by the offender, attempt to remain calm.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of any suspicious people
including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information about these incidents, please contact
Area South Property Crimes Unit at (312) 747-8273
Reference RD#: JA-139231, JA-125268, JA-130260,
JA-149660 & JA-150641
February 15, 2017
This alert gives notice to the residents of the 7th District (Englewood) of an increase in reported armed robberies involving similarly described offenders. In these incidents, the offenders approach their victims on foot or vehicle. A firearm is ultimately produced and the victim is robbed of their belongings.
This alert gives notice to the residents of the 7th District (Englewood) of an increase in reported armed robberies involving similarly described offenders. In each incident, the offenders lure their victims via social media to purchase items. A firearm is ultimately produced and the victim is robbed of his belongings.