24 Feb 16 Burglaries 19th District _P16-N-041_
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to Business owners who operate commercial establishments in the 19th District (Area North). Burglary related incidents have occurred during the months of January and February. In these incidents, an offender(s) used force to enter retail stores and remove property. Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 4000 Block of N. Lincoln Av. on January 26, 2016 at approximately 03:30 A.M.
• 1200 Block of W. Belmont Av. on February 23, 2016 at approximately 01:40 A.M.
About the Offenders:
• In the incident on Lincoln Ave., the offender is described as a black male, 25-30 years of age, 5’08”-5’09”, 250lbs.
• In the incident of Belmont Ave., the offender is described as a black male, 35-45 years of age, 6’02”, 220lbs.
What you can do:
• Always ensure doors and windows are locked and secured, and alarms activated.
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
RD#s HZ128965, HZ161771