This alert gives notice to citizens in the 002rd District (Wentworth) of robbery related incidents have occurred during the month of March. In these incidents, three offenders approached victims and demanded/forcibly removed personal property before fleeing area. In one instance, an offender exposed his waistband to reveal a handgun.
20 Mar 16 Two Men Charged for Discharging FirearmThe above offenders were arrested and charged after they were curbed driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee fleeing from the vicinity of a call of “shots fired” which occurred in the area of the 200 blk of E. Balboa on March 19, 2016 at approximately 2:00 P.M. A weapon and spent shell casings were recovered from offender’s vehicle. No further information.
This alert gives notice to citizens residing in the 003rd District (Grand Crossing) of robbery related incidents that have occurred during the month of March. In these incidents, the offender(s) approached the victims and announced a robbery while displaying or implying a weapon.
This alert gives notice to citizens residing in the 019th District (Area North) of Garage Burglary related incidents that have occurred during the month of March. In these incidents, offender(s) used unlawful entry and removed personal property, specifically bicycles.
This alert gives notice to the citizens in the 008th District (Chicago Lawn) of robbery incidents which have occurred during the month of March. In these incidents, the offender(s) approach the victim and demand cell phones and money. Incident times and locations are listed below:
- 2400 Block of W. 63rd Street on March 01, 2016 at approximately 7:46 A.M.
- 6300 Block of S. Maplewood on March 05, 2016 at approximately 05:45 A.M.
- 6400 Block of S. Artesian on March 06, 2016 at approximately 4:10 P.M.
- 6300 Block of S. Artesian on March 18, 2016 at approximately 3:40 P.M.
About the Offenders:
(1 to 3) Male/Blacks, 19-27 years of age, 5’06” to 6’00”, 150 to 200 lbs
One offender is described as having dreadlocks and a tattoo on his neck
This alert gives notice to residents of the 008th District (Chicago Lawn) of burglary incidents which have occurred during the month of March. In these incidents, offender(s) gain entry to a residence or garage through a door and take property from therein.
Incident times and locations:
• 3700 Block of W. 56th Place on 03 March 2016 at approximately 9:00 P.M.
• 3800 Block of W. 56th Street on 04 March 2016 at approximately 6:00 P.M.
• 5400 Block of S. Harding on 14 March 2016 at approximately 1:45 P.M.
• 3900 Block of W. 59th Street on 15 March 2016 at approximately 1:00 P.M.
• 3700 Block of W. 56th Place on 16 March 2016 at approximately 10:39 A.M.
• Male Hispanic; 5’05” to 5’07”; 175 to 185 lbs.; black hair
Dwon Wright,18 was arrested after he was identified as the man who shot three people in the 3700 block of W. Grenshaw Street. This incident occurred on March 18, 2016 at approximately 3:15 p.m. Three male victims were driving in a grey sedan when the offender fired shots at their vehicle. The victims transported themselves to Mt. Sinai Hospital. The victims included an 18 year old male with a gunshot wound to the arm and back, a 20 year old man with a gunshot wound to the back, and a 21 year old man with a graze wound to the head. All victims were listed in good condition. Wright was charged accordingly.