19 FEB 17 CA JA-156319 child lure 016 DistrictOn February 16, 2017, at approximately 4:00 p.m., a minor female was walking home from school. The unknown offender was driving a grey mini-van in the 6700 block of West Hurlbut Street. . As the minor female walked the offender drove alongside with the passenger side window rolled down. The offender first said “Do you want a ride” and the victim just kept walking. The offender then said “Hey want to get in my car, we can hang out”, the victim continued walking. The offender then stopped at the stop sign and waited for the minor female and said “Do you have Snapchat, maybe we can exchange snaps”. The victim in fear for her safety ran from the scene and notified her mother who called 911.
Attempt Vehicular Hijacking 012 District community alert JA154853On February 15, 2017, at 2:15 p.m., an unknown offender approached the victim while she was in her car on the 2000 block of West Chicago Avenue. The offender opened up the driver’s side door of the victim’s car and attempted to enter the vehicle by grabbing the victim by the chest, pushing her down in a forceful manner. The victim was able to fight the offender off and forced him out of the vehicle. The offender then fled the scene west bound on Chicago Avenue.
Bureau of Detectives – Area South
6th District (Gresham)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens of the 006th District (Gresham) on Beat 631 of
recent Robbery incidents that occurred in recent weeks. During these incidents,
unknown offender(s) displayed firearms and demanded property from the victims or
used force to take property without a weapon.
Incident times and locations:
• 1000 block of East 80th Street, Friday January 20, 2017 at 10:00 P.M.
• 8000 block of So. Cottage Grove Ave., Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 5:30 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Maryland Ave, Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 7:30 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Cottage Grove Ave., Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 1:15 A.M.
• 8000 block of So. Evans Ave., Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 3:12 A.M.
About the Offender:
• One to Three Male Black Offenders, 20-29 years of age, 5’07”-6’02” tall, 130-210
lbs., light/medium/dark complexion, and various hairstyles (afro, short, fade ).
• One Offender may have some type of tattoo on the face.
What you can do:
• If confronted by the offender, attempt to remain calm.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of any suspicious people
including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information about these incidents, please contact
Area South Property Crimes Unit at (312) 747-8273
Reference RD#: JA-139231, JA-125268, JA-130260,
JA-149660 & JA-150641
February 15, 2017