10 Jun 17 025th District Commercial Burglaries P17-N-131(BA)This alert gives notice to 25th district businesses of recent commercial burglaries.
An unknown offender(s) gained entry through a window or door and took various
items from location.
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 009th District (Deering) of burglary incidents which occurred during the month of June at food establishments.
This alert gives notice to businesses of an aggravated battery to a taxi cab driver which occurred in the 11th District (Harrison) on May 31, 2017 on the 700 block of N. Avers at approximately 1:02 a.m. During this incident, the offender contacted a cab company and requested a cab. As the driver waited at the location for the fare the unknown offender approached and shot the driver. For more information click here.
This alert gives notice to businesses within the 16th District (Jefferson Park) about recent burglaries which have occurred overnight during the month of April. In these incidents, unknown offender(s) gained entry to the premises by forcibly kicking or prying open the front or rear door. Offender(s) also have gained entry by breaking the front windows of the business. Once inside, the offender(s) took money and various other items including electronics and cigarettes. For more information click here
Bureau of Detectives – Area North Community Alert Commercial Burglaries 19th District (Town Hall) About the Crime: This alert gives notice to four recent Commercial Burglaries that have occurred within the boundaries of the 19th District (Town Hall) in the last week. In these burglaries, businesses have been targeted by the offender(s) after the business has closed for the day. The offender(s) smashed the glass door, gained entry, and took cash from the register and cigarettes from the business.
Incident times and locations:
• 4100 block of N. Clarendon on April 20, 2017 at 06:05 am
• 4100 block of N. Clarendon on April 21-22, 2017 between 10:00pm & 5:30am.
• 2500 block of N. Lincoln on April 22, 2017 at 05:45am
• 2600 block of N. Clybourn on April 23, 2017 between 06:00am & 06:30am
About the Offender: Three male black offenders, 5’10 – 6’00 185 – 200 pounds, 25 – 30 years of age Possibly driving a dark grey Dodge wagon with broken passenger side window.
What you can do:
• Be aware of this crime and alert your neighbors.
• Pay special attention to any suspicious people loitering in the area.
• If possible, purchase and maintain a working alarm system.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8263 JA-231764, JA-234417,JA-234400,JA235683 Reference: P17-N-099
UPDATE: Photos have been added of the wanted offenders and vehicle used
Bureau of Detectives – Area North
Commercial Armed Robberies
014th, 016th, 017th, 025th Districts
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of multiple Armed Robberies that occurred at businesses in
the 014th, 016th, 017th and 025th Districts on March 4th, 2017. Two offenders entered
the businesses, displayed a handgun and took money. The offenders fled the scene
in a dark-colored sport utility vehicle. Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 6500 Block of West Belmont Avenue on March 4th, 2017 at 2:07 am.
• 3200 Block of West Diversey Avenue on March 4th, 2017 at 2:55 am.
• 4300 Block of West Irving Park Road on March 4th, 2017 at 3:15 am.
• 3000 Block of North Pulaski Road on March 4th, 2017 at 3:41 am.
About the Offenders:
• Male White Hispanic, 18 to 40 years-old, 5’04 to 5’08, 170-200 pounds
• Male White Hispanic, 18 to 40 years-old, 5’03 to 5’08, 130-150 pounds
What you can do:
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you confront an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
RD#s JA-174354, JA-174350, JA-174366, JA-174382
Alert # P17-N-057BA
March 4, 2017