Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
1st District (Central)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens residing in the 1st (Central) District of robbery
related incidents during the month of November. Groups of male and female teen
aged offenders are approaching victims on the sidewalk, striking the victims in the
head with fists, and then kicking the fallen victims while demanding property. The
offenders then take backpacks, wallets and purses from victim’s person. These
incidents have occurred during the evening hours in the general geographical
locations listed below:
Incident times and locations:
• 200 block of E. Balbo Dr. on November 8, 2017 at 9:30 p.m.
• 100 block of E. Balbo Dr. on November 9, 2017 at 9:30 p.m.
• 500 block of S. Michigan Ave. on November 12, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
About the offenders:
• The offenders in the incident on November 8th are described as a male black,
18 to 20 years old, 5’07, 130 lbs. and wearing a black bandana and a
male black, 18 to 20 years old, 5’07, 130 lbs. wearing a baseball hat.
• In the incident on November 9th the offenders are described as seven male
blacks aged 15 to18.
• In the incident on November 12th the offenders are described as 8 to 10 male
and female blacks aged 16 to 20.
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc.)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
JA504541, JA505804, JA509413
(Reference: PATTERN # P17-1-323)
November 14, 2017
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to two Armed Robberies committed with a handgun that have occurred recently within the 019th District.
06 Nov 17 22nd Dist P17-2-113CA Robbery Alert
This alert gives notice of four recent Robbery incidents that have occurred within the boundaries of the 22nd District (Morgan Park) in the Beverly neighborhood. In these cases, two African American males, between 14-18 years old exit a vehicle and approach a lone victim. The offenders were both armed with handguns, and demanded purses and cell phones from the victims. The offenders flee in a waiting getaway car. The car was described as silver 4 door sedan.
06 Nov 17 - P17-2-112CA Robbery Alert Hijacking
This alert gives notice of four recent Vehicle Hijackings that have occurred within the boundaries of the 22nd District (Morgan Park) on beat 2222 & 2223. Victims were parking their cars at their residence, and upon exiting their vehicle, were confronted by armed offenders who forcibly took their cars.