Man charged in 10th District Shooting Incident
Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
003rd District (Grand Crossing)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens residing in the 003rd District (Grand Crossing)
that an increase in burglary related incidents have occurred during the month of APRIL. In these incidents, the offender(s) enters the location and removes property within.
Incident times and locations are listed below:
- 6600 block S. Drexel Ave. on April 16, 2017 at 1:00 P.M.
- 6700 block S. Dorchester Ave. on April 19, 2017 at 10:12 A.M.
- 6500 block S. University Ave. on April 21, 2017 at 6:20P.M.
- 6900 block S. Maryland Ave. on April 25, 2017 at 11:20 A.M.
- 6600 block S. Ingleside Ave. on April 25, 2017 at 7:20 A.M.
- 6500 block S. Ellis Ave. on April 25, 2017 at 1:40 P.M.
About the Offenders:
What you can do:
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Report suspicious activity immediately
- If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
- Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc…)
- Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
The Chicago Police Department will be conducting a DUI Saturation Patrol in the Town Hall (19th) District this weekend. The DUI Saturation Patrol will commence at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 6, 2017 and end at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 7, 2017.
The Chicago Police Department will be conducting a DUI Saturation Patrol in the Ogden (10th) District this weekend. The DUI Saturation Patrol will commence at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 5, 2017 and end at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
About This Crime
On May 01, 2017, at approximately 9:12 p.m., the 16-year-old female juvenile was walking northbound on Long Ave. from Division St. (NE corner) when she noticed a small red 4-door sedan vehicle with a male black driver following her.
On April 24, 2017, the Chicago Police Department partnered with the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police, AAA, the Illinois State Police, SafetyServe.com, the National Safety Council, the Illinois Insurance Association, supporters from the private sector, and almost 300 law enforcement/fire agencies throughout Illinois, in support of the first-ever Illinois Distracted Driving Awareness Week and the National Campaign.
Until April 28th, the Chicago Police Department will be conducting Distracted Driving Missions all along Lake Shore Drive. The goal of these missions is to educate motorists on all aspects of Distracted Driving through strict enforcement for those found to be using a handheld device while operating a motor vehicle. Additional enforcement will also focus on speed violations that go hand and hand with distracted driving.
Distracted Driving Missions are funded by a grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and administered through the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 012th District (Near West) of burglary incidents of retail businesses which have occurred during the month of April.
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of robbery incidents which have occurred in the 012th District (Near West) during the month of April.