Chicago Police Vehicular Hijacking Task Force
Expanded in 2021, the Vehicular Hijacking Task Force consists of Chicago Police, Cook County Sheriffs, Illinois State Police, and federal law enforcement professionals who specialize in the investigation of robbery and violent crime cases, dedicated to the vehicle hijacking incidents in Chicago.
Charge Releases for Vehicle Hijacking Arrests
Arrest Booking Photos
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Always lock your car
- Never leave your vehicle idling/running unattended – even if your key fob is with you
- Always keep track of your keys, never leave them inside the vehicle
- Park in a safe spot
- Do not leave children unattended inside your vehicle
- If you see suspicious activity, report it anonymously by calling 9-1-1.
- If you are a victim of a crime, report it immediately by calling 9-1-1.
What to Do if You See A Hijacking In Progress
Think safety first and when possible:
- Take a good look at the offender(s)
- Call 911 and give
- your location
- descriptions of the offenders
- descriptions of vehicles
- your contact information so officers / detectives responding to the scene can talk to you
Describing Suspicious Individuals
Submit Videos, Photos and Other Information
You can contact the Vehicle Hijacking Task Force by email at [email protected].
You can submit videos, photos and detailed descriptions of the events, people involved and other information relevant to investigations at CPDtip.com. You can choose to remain anonymous or to provide your contact information for future contact if needed. Click the “Submit A Tip” button below to get started.
Understanding Charging an Arrestee with Felony Carjacking
Charging vehicular hijacking “carjacking” cases requires thorough investigations and strong partnerships with prosecuting agencies. These incidents are not cookie cutter, so what is successful on getting charges approved in one case may not be as successful in a different case.
For more information about the Illinois Compiled Statutes click on the links below: