About the Crime:
On January 3, 2016, at approximately 7:00 pm, a 12-year-old female was walking in the west alley on the 6800 block of S. Merrill when she was grabbed from behind by an unknown offender who made inappropriate physical contact with her. The victim was able to free herself from the offender’s grasp and run home.
About the Offender:
• The offender is described as a male black, 35-40 years old, 5’7-5’10, 130-160 lbs, wearing a black hooded jacket, dirty tan pants, dirty black work boots, and dirty gloves.
What you can do:
• Call 911 to report any suspicious persons or activity
• Walk in groups if possible
• Don’t talk to strangers or approach strange vehicles
• Be aware of your surroundings and travel in well lit and populated areas
• Use phones and electronic devices only as necessary until in a safe area
If you have any information about this incident,
Please call the Special Investigations Unit Detectives at (312) 492-
3810. Anonymous Tips can be submitted to TIPSOFT.COM
Reference – RD# HZ-102986