CPD’s A Force for Good 2016-2017 Competitive Application
QUOTES FROM FFG PARTICIPANTS:
- Effective but simple to the point training, and educational but not in a boring school class way.
- The interplay with the other organizations was great!
- Our coach was just the catalyst we needed to get us ready to develop our first written strategic plan. He was thoughtful, understanding and on point.
- These sessions and the results from the organizational assessment report revealed areas of concentration that really need work in our church.
DID YOU KNOW? Since 2011, 161 not-for-profits (NFPs) have applied for CPD’s totally free Force For Good (FFG) services.
Understanding the importance of government and community working together to create safe neighborhoods, and the potential of Chicago’s community and faith-based NFPs to meet community needs, CPD and its partners are pleased to announce that applications are being accepted to participate in the 4th round of FFG programming since 2011.
This unique 6-12 month program is designed to provide free capacity-building training for NFP executive leaders serving Chicago communities experiencing high rates of violent crime. The FFG Application deadline has been extended to Friday, 12 Noon on April 1, 2016.
FFG skill-building workshops, taught by subject matter experts and coaches from the nonprofit and corporate world, have included:
- Creating a Theory of Change for Your Organization
- Understanding and Working with the Chicago Police Department
- Strategic Planning: Creating your Organization’s Road Map
- Evaluation Frameworks: Moving into Measurement
- Building Relationships with Funders
- Proposal Writing Basics
- Secrets to Fundraising Success with Individual Donors
- Social Media for NFPs
- Seven Things You Can Do to Engage the Board of Directors
- Non-profit Finance and Budget Essentials
- Pursuing Sustainability: Understanding and Strengthening Your Business Model
Join us for a Technical Assistance Application Workshop to answer your FFG application questions on Friday, March 11th at 1:30 pm:
When: Friday, Mar 11th, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Where: Public Safety Headquarters, 3510 S. Michigan Ave- Multipurpose Room
For additional FFG information, please click on the links below: