Bureau of Detectives – Area North
011th District (Area North)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of recent Robberies that have occurred in the 011th District. In
these incidents the offender(s) approached the victim, and after displaying a black
handgun racked the gun’s slide. The offender(s) then robbed the victim of personal
items. Offenders may travel in a black 4 door vehicle. Times and locations are listed
• 100 Block of North Pulaski on June 2, 2017 at 2:15am.
• 4600 Block of West Adams on June 3, 2017 at 6:30am.
About the Offenders:
• Offender #1 Male, black, 18-23yrs about 5’09” and 160lbs wearing a black
“hoodie” sweatshirt; holding a black handgun.
• Offender #2 Male, black, 18-23yrs wearing a black “hoodie”
• Offender #3 Male, black, 18-23yrs wearing a black “hoodie”
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
RD#s JA-288884 & JA-290475
Alert # P17-N-139CA
June 14, 2017
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of recent robberies that have occurred in the 011th District. In these incidents, the offender approached victims and, after displaying a black handgun, racks its slide.
This alert gives notice to businesses of an aggravated battery to a taxi cab driver which occurred in the 11th District (Harrison) on May 31, 2017 on the 700 block of N. Avers at approximately 1:02 a.m. During this incident, the offender contacted a cab company and requested a cab. As the driver waited at the location for the fare the unknown offender approached and shot the driver. For more information click here.
Bureau of Detectives-Area North
Wanted for Attempt Kidnapping / Child Luring
11th District (Harrison)
About This Crime
On Monday May 22, 2017, at approximately 7:35 A.M., a 13 year old female juvenile was
walking on the 4000 Block of West Jackson Street when a male black in a vehicle, called to her.
As she continued walking he stated, “hey I’m trying to holler at you, get in the car and I will take
you where you need to go”. The unknown offender continued to follow her and stepped out of
the vehicle and approached the victim. The victim, in fear, ran off to school where she alerted
the staff. The victim related that she observed the same vehicle again on May 23, 2017 at the
same location and time.
About The Offender
• The offender was described as a male black, approximately 30-40 years of age, 5’08” to
5’10”, 160-180 pounds, with dreadlock hair and a brown complexion. The victim could
not provide a clothing description.
• Driving a Blue colored, 4 door SUV.
What You Can Do
• Be aware of this situation and alert your neighbors.
• Call 911 to report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activity in your neighborhood.
• Do not let children walk alone. Identify safe havens along your child’s route to school,
such as businesses or trusted neighbors.
• Find out how to start a Parent Patrol or Walking School Bus Program at your child’s
school. Call the CAPS Implementation Office at 312-747-9987 for more information on
this and other safety programs.
If you have any information about this incident,
please call the Area North Bureau of Detectives at (312) 744-8266
Reference RD# JA274124
May 23, 2017
This alert gives notice of recent Armed Robberies / Vehicle Hijackings that have occurred in the 11th and 25th Districts.