About the crime:
On February 16, 2015, at approximately 1:15 p.m., in the 6200 block of S. Cottage Grove, a 16 year old boy was approached by an unknown male subject. This subject produced a handgun and fired at the victim as he was attempting to flee. The victim was taken to University of Chicago Hospital in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the lower back.
The subject fled the scene before he could be apprehended. Detectives were able to secure images of the suspect. We are asking for the public’s assistance in helping identify him.
About the suspect:
- Described as a male black with short hair, 16-18 years old, 6’00”-6’02”, 150-160 lbs., wearing a red jacket over a black hoody
What you can do:
- Consider this person armed and dangerous
- Contact Area Central Detectives with any information that could lead to the suspect’s identity – (312) 747-8380
- Be aware of the incident and alert neighbors in the area
- Do not approach this person
Community Alert: Attempt to Identify – 3rd District (HY153400)