ATTENTION PROBATIONARY POLICE OFFICER CANDIDATE:
BE SURE TO READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY
The electronic Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) MUST be completed by all candidates
The electronic Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) MUST be completed by all candidates within 72 hours. To access the PHQ, go to http://operations.chicagopolice.org/hr (use laptop or desktop, do not use your cell phone)
(Browsers: If you are unable to open in Outlook please try Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (Safari will not work).
- Your login is your email address* and the initial password is welcome1
- You must enter a new password after you access the site.
- Sign-in is all lower case.
- Your email address login is the email address you provided when you created a profile to apply on the City of Chicago CAREERS application system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to update their contact information with the City. If you need to update your contact information, go to www.cityofchicago.org/CAREERS to log into your profile and update your contact information.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that emails from the Chicago Police Department, OPSA and/or the City of Chicago Department of Human Resources are not going into their spam folder or junk mail.
- You must answer every question on the PHQ honestly and completely. Submit when complete. Expeditious submission is highly recommended to move you through the hiring process. Failure to answer each question honestly and completely may constitute failure to cooperate during the hiring process and will lead to your disqualification from further consideration for the police officer position. You DO NOT have to upload any documents to the PHQ.
- You should notify the Office of Public Safety Administration; Human Resources Investigation Section at (312) 745-5230, if you are unable to access the electronic PHQ.
You should also turn in your college transcript(s), and/or DD-214 (member 4) to the below address (or email) as soon as possible to help move you through the hiring process.
Human Resources Division
Investigations Section, 3100SW
3510 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60653