Each Chicago Police District holds beat meetings on a regular basis, in which beat residents may voice their concerns and learn more about public safety in their neighborhood.
Participate in Your Beat MeetingsShare your concerns, learn about public safety in your neighborhood, and find out about more ways to get involved. Each of the city’s 22 police districts hold beat meetings on a regular basis. Click the link below to find your beat and visit your district page to learn more.
Take the next step to be a voice for your community and become a Beat Facilitator!A Beat Facilitator is a community representative that co-chairs and assists in facilitating community Beat Meetings along with sworn members of Community Policing. The roles of a Beat Facilitator:
– Represent community residents
– Be a team player and work well with all residents and district police officers
– Able to organize and lead a community meeting
– Ability to identify, address community needs and problems and initiate community outreach
– Reside or work in the beat they will represent
– Have basic computer and smartphone skills
Interested in becoming a beat facilitator? Fill out the beat facilitator application and email it to [email protected].