13 Sep 17 Armed Robbery 19th District Comm Alert P17-N-209
Armed robberies are occurring in the 19th District. The offenders are armed with a handgun and demand property at gunpoint.
Chicago Police Department
Eddie T. Johnson Anthony Guglielmi
Superintendent Chief Communications Officer
312-745-6110 · 3510 South Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60653 · Fax 312-745-6999
For Immediate Release Contact: Office of Communications
September 1, 2017 312-745-6110
DUI SATURATION PATROL – TOWN HALL (19th) DISTRICT
The Chicago Police Department will be conducting a DUI Saturation Patrol in the Town Hall
(19th) District this weekend. The DUI Saturation Patrol will commence at 7:00 p.m. on
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017 and end at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 3rd, 2017.
The purpose of this program is to saturate a pre-designated area with roving police officers
that continually monitor vehicular traffic for signs of impaired driving. Patrols also place
emphasis on speed, alcohol-related and safety belt violations. Police vehicles equipped for
speed detection are deployed to apprehend speeding violators.
In addition, the Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) Mobile Unit may also be deployed to allow
officers to expedite the process of charging a person with Driving under the Influence (DUI)
prior to transporting an alleged into the nearest lockup for bonding. The mobile unit also
allows for Individual Recognizance Bonds (I-Bonds) to be issued at the site of the DUI
The DUI Saturation Patrol conducted in the Ogden (10th) District on August 25-26, 2017
resulted in the following:
Driving Under the Influence 1
Unsafe Vehicle Violations 10
Seat Belt Violations 4
Insurance Violations 3
Driver’s License Violations 7
Traffic Violations (Other) 21
Total Citations 46
Other Arrests 2
Vehicles Towed 2
# # #
Bureau of Detectives
Robberies – Districts 10, 14, 19, 25
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 10th District, 19th District, 14th District and 25th Districts of
Robbery related incidents during the month of July/August. In these incidents, a male white
Hispanic offender armed with a knife entered businesses and demanded proceeds. These incidents
have occurred during the afternoon in the general geographical locations listed below:
• 4700 Block of West Fullerton Avenue on July 28, 2017 at 5:16PM.
• 4300 Nlock of South Archer Avenue on August 3, 2017 at 12:20PM.
• 4600 Block of North Western Avenue on August 4, 2017 at 5:30PM.
• 3500 Block of West 26th Street on August 7, 2017 at 12:41PM.
• 2400 Block of West Armitage Avenue on August 14, 2017 at 10:56AM.
• 2700 Block of West Cermak Road on August 17, 2017 at 11:10AM.
• 1500 Block of North Western Avenue on August 18, 2017 at 9:25AM.
• 6600 Block of South Pulaski Avenue on August 18, 2017 at 1:05PM.
About the Offender(s):
Offender(s) described as a male white hispanic, 5’10-6’01, 160-220lbs., 20-37 years old, brown eyes,
black hair with physical impairment on left eye. Last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and
What you can do:
• Be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• Keep doors and windows secured
• If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating
• If you are a victim do not touch anything, call police immediately
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives
Area Central (312) 747-8382
Area North (312) 744-8263
JA367399, JA-375476, JA-377279, JA-381107, JA-390443, JA-394736,
JA-396033, JA-396283, (Reference: 17 CWP 011)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of two Armed Robberies committed with a handgun that have occurred recently within the 019th District.
Bureau of Detectives – Area North
Seeking to Identify – Wanted for Aggravated Battery
019th District (Townhall)
About The Crimes
On July 8, 2017 at 05:03 A.M., an unknown male Asian was involved in an aggravated battery at
the Sheridan Redline Station on the 3900 block of North Sheridan Ave. A 49 year-old male was
knocked down a flight of stairs. The offender followed the victim and repeatedly kicked the
victim in his head. The Victim suffered a broken orbital socket and broken pelvis, along with
multiple bruises and abrasions. The offender boarded at Thorndale and exited at Sheridan.
About The Offender
• The subject is described as Male “Philipino”, 25-35 years, 5’03-5’07/130-160lbs Brown short
parted hair and Olive complexions.
• The offender was wearing a white polo shirt with a dark stripe on the collar, dark pants and
What You Can Do
• If you recognize the subject in the photo or have any additional information call Area North
If you have any information about this incident,
Please call the Area North Detectives at (312)744-8261
Reference RD# JA-339275