08 Jun 17 – Charges for Quinton Gates, 18Quinton Gates was arrested after being identified as the person who murdered a 19-year-old male on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at approximately 7:47 p.m., in the vicinity of the 700 block of W. Marquette Road. Gates approached the male victim and fired several shots striking the victim in the head and body before fleeing the scene. The victim was transported to Christ Hospital where he ultimately succumbed to his injuries. No further information is available at this time.08 Jun 17 – Charges for Quinton Gates, 18
Bureau of Detectives – Area South
Alert# P17-2- 040 BA May 03, 2017
7th District (Englewood)
About This Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 7th District of reported incidents, wherein, (2)
offenders entered the businesses, produced handguns, and took proceeds. The offenders
removed proceeds from behind the counter and exited through the point of entry with the
Incident Time and Locations:
• 7300 block of South Ashland Ave., Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:40 a.m.
• 6900 block of South Ashland Ave., Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 12:23 p.m.
About The Offender:
• Two (2) Male offenders described as being between the ages of 18 and 30, 5’05 – 5’10,
130-180 lbs., and carrying blue steel hand guns.
• Report suspicious persons and activity immediately
• If confronted by an assailant, remain calm
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant
• Provide a detailed description of assailant(s) and direction of flight to 911 call taker
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on-scene when possible
• Update and maintain all video recording security equipment.
• Keep the business closed until scene can be processed
If you have any information about this crime, please
call the Area South Detective Division at (312)747-8273
Reference RD#: JA236778 and JA245097
This alert gives notice to citizens of the 007th District (Englewood) of Robbery related incidents which have occurred in the month of February. In these incidents, the offenders approached the victims on foot or after exiting a vehicle. The offenders physically took property from the victims and fled.
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 7th District of burglary related incidents in which an offender has broken through walls to gain entry into the establishments. The offender then removes merchandise and U.S.C. from the registers.
This alert gives notice to the residents of the 7th District (Englewood) of an increase in reported armed robberies involving similarly described offenders. In these incidents, the offenders approach their victims on foot or vehicle. A firearm is ultimately produced and the victim is robbed of their belongings.
This alert gives notice to the residents of the 7th District (Englewood) of an increase in reported armed robberies involving similarly described offenders. In each incident, the offenders lure their victims via social media to purchase items. A firearm is ultimately produced and the victim is robbed of his belongings.
On January 9, 2017 at approximately 10:05 p.m., a 21 year old female pedestrian was crossing the street at 69th and Wentworth Ave when she was fatally struck by an unknown vehicle, which is described and pictured in this Community Alert.