This alert gives notice to businesses in the 009th District (Deering) of robbery incidents which have occurred during the month of April.
Vehicular hijackings (carjacking’s) and auto thefts are occurring. Victims have their cars taken from them at gunpoint, or their cars are stolen when they leave the cars running, unlocked, and unoccupied. For More Information Click Here
Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
3rd District Grand Crossing
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens residing in the 3rd District of Robbery incidents that
occurred during the month of March/April. In these incidents, the offender
approached and announced a robbery. These incidents occurred in the geographical
locations listed below:
Incident times and locations:
• 0-100 Block of E. 71st Street on March 27, 2017 at approximately 9:46 P.M.
• 7100 Block of Rhodes Ave on March 27, 2017 at approximately 1:30 A.M.
• 7100 Block of South Chicago Ave on April 14, 2017 at approximately 4:00
• 0-100 Block of E. 71st Street on April 19, 2017 at approximately 6:50 A.M.
About the Offender:
• 1-4 Male/Black, 5’06-5’10, 20-30 years of age, Dark colored hooded
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth,
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
JA-203037, JA-221656, JA224130, JA230480
April 20, 2017
Bureau of Detectives – Special Investigations Unit
Wanted for Criminal Sexual Abuse
003 (Grand Crossing) District
About This Crime
This alert gives notice to the residents of the 3rd District (Grand Crossing) about a
Criminal Sexual Abuse which occurred on April 25, 2017 at approximately 5:15 a.m. on
the 6100 block of S. Evans. During this incident, an unknown male reached into an
open first-floor window and pulled on the top of a 12-year-old girl while trying to capture
a photo of the girl with his cellular phone. The victim screamed and alerted her mother
who contacted the police. The offender fled eastbound on foot.
About The Offender
• The offender is described as a male black adult with big brown eyes and wearing a
black hooded sweatshirt
What You Can Do
• Call 911 to report any suspicious persons or activity in the area
• Instruct children to report any suspicious activity to an adult immediately
• Make sure that windows and doors are locked at night when you go to bed
• Ensure that sensor lights or other lights outside your residence are in working
• Call 311 to report any street light outages near your residence.
If you have any information about this incident,
Please call the Special Investigations Unit at
Reference – RD# JA-238076
April 28, 2017
This Community Alert gives notice to residents of two recent Armed Robberies that have recently occurred within the boundaries of the 017th District (Albany Park).
On April 24, 2017, the Chicago Police Department partnered with the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police, AAA, the Illinois State Police, SafetyServe.com, the National Safety Council, the Illinois Insurance Association, supporters from the private sector, and almost 300 law enforcement/fire agencies throughout Illinois, in support of the first-ever Illinois Distracted Driving Awareness Week and the National Campaign.
Until April 28th, the Chicago Police Department will be conducting Distracted Driving Missions all along Lake Shore Drive. The goal of these missions is to educate motorists on all aspects of Distracted Driving through strict enforcement for those found to be using a handheld device while operating a motor vehicle. Additional enforcement will also focus on speed violations that go hand and hand with distracted driving.
Distracted Driving Missions are funded by a grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and administered through the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 012th District (Near West) of burglary incidents of retail businesses which have occurred during the month of April.
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice of robbery incidents which have occurred in the 012th District (Near West) during the month of April.