Bureau of Detectives – Area Central
009th District (Deering)
About the Crimes:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 009th District (Deering) of robbery incidents which have occurred during the month of January. In these incidents, businesses, i.e. small grocery/retail stores and a bakery were robbed at gunpoint.
The incidents are listed below:
1000 Block of West 31st Street on January 12, 2017 at 7:10 PM.
2900 Block of South Archer Avenue on January 19, 2017 at 5:05 AM.
1300 Block of West 31st Street at 4:09 PM on January 19, 2017 at 4:09 PM.
3200 Block of South Racine Avenue at 5:15PM on January 26, 2017 at 5:15 PM.
About the Offenders:
One to three unknown male black offenders, 17-25, 140-160lbs., 5’05-6’03, dark brown complexion, 30-40 years of age, brown eyes, black hair, wearing dark clothing and black gloves.
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc…)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If video surveillance equipment is present, please save a copy of the incident for
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central at (312) 747-8382
JA-113670, JA-121273, JA-121941, J-131037 Reference: P17-1-023 Alert #P17-1-023BA
January 28, 2017
Click here for more information